AMPRO™ is an award winning, latest generation multi-purpose epoxy system from Gurit. It is a simple to use, all-purpose epoxy which can be used for bonding, coating, laminating and filling.
AMPRO™ provides a quick and convenient way of using one epoxy system for a wide range of tasks.
Key features include:
- Professional: boat-builder’s choice for bonding, laminating and filling
- Safer: uses lower toxicity chemicals with low hazards
- Stronger: more flexible resin matrix ideal for working with wood
- Tack-free: no surface residue when cured and does not clog sandpaper
- Water-proof: AMPRO™ SILICA has been optimised to withstand the marine environment
- Wide over-coating window: up to 4 days later without additional surface preparation
- Faster: improved cure at temperatures as low as+5°C
- Glossier: improved coating performance with reduced surface defects
- Cardboard outer packaging: less single use plastics
- Greener: accredited, bio-based option using a high content of plant based chemicals
- Simplified: Four unique systems with inter-changeable hardeners and the same 3:1 mix ratio
Health and Safety Focus
AMPRO™ has been developed using the same approach as for the award winning Ampreg™ 3X Series, prioritising user health and safety through careful selection of base chemicals. The new low toxicity resin matrix is CMR & SVHC** free.
Gurit carefully selects chemicals used in our formulations to ensure the lowest possible risk of future reclassification - securing the safety of our products and health and safety of end users. This approach is part of Gurit’s philosophy. As a responsible and sustainable supplier we aim to support, protect and forewarn our customers of potential changes.
Making Epoxies Easier to Use
- Gurit AMPRO™ has been developed with the end user in mind, trying to remove some of the perceived barriers:
- Simple, easy to follow, how-to videos available on www.gurit.com for mixing, laminating, filling, bonding and coating with AMPRO™. Scan the QR code for link.
- Combining products into a single, multi-use system allowing the user to bond, fill, laminate & coat easily
- Introducing recyclable outer packaging with easy to understand labels and selector guides
One System, Many Uses…
AMPRO™ consists of inter-changeable resins, blend-able hardeners and additives for many uses. The following table provides a step by step guide to choosing the right AMPRO™ system.
|Select the right system...||AMPRO™||AMPRO™ CLR||AMPRO™ BIO||AMPRO™ SEAL|
|Low temperature curing||✔||✔|
|Grain enhancing wood coating||✔||✔|
|Sealing & priming porous surfaces||✔|
|Filling, Fairing or Bonding||✔||✔||✔|
|Select the hardener speed...||Fast||Slow||Extra Slow|
|Working time with a brush at 20oC||1-2 hours||4-5 hours||5-6 hours|
|50g pot-life in air at 20oC||½ hour||1 hour||1 ½ hours|
|Select the additives...||Micro Balloons||Glass Bubbles||Micro Fibres||AMPRO™ Silica|
|Filling & Fairing Mixes||Easy to sand, filling and filleting for cosmetic wood applications||✔||✔|
|Water-proof or lowest-cost filler for general applications||✔||✔|
|Hard surface finish filler for hard wearing edges and surfaces||✔||✔|
|Bonding Mixes||General bonding of softwood, brown in colour||✔||✔|
|General bonding of softwood, white in colour||✔||✔|
|Structural bonding of wood or composite, opaque in colour||✔||✔|